Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Lars Tunbjörk at The Modern Museum






I went to Moderna Museet (The Modern Museum) to look at their exhibition with the Swedish photographer Lars Tunbjörk. Before this exhibition he wasn’t one of my favorites, maybe because his pictures aren’t beautiful in a classic way and maybe because I didn’t see the understated humor in his documentary pictures. But now I changed my mind and he's one of my new favorites! At Moderna Museet he shows two different series called Home and Winter. In Winter he traveled around Sweden, trying to capture the mood that the winter months put us in here in northern Europe. He captures a depressing but humorous side of Sweden. Pubs, desolate housing estates and pizzerias, places that look the same all over Sweden, whether in Borås or Stockholm.

No comments: